Thursday, March 3, 2011

A quick blah

My dear lovely followers. I'm sorry to say I've been neglecting you a bit. But I've mostly been working and not much else, so little news here and there. I've gathered it up and tied it with a ribbon for you to unfold here....


I had my first couchsurfer stay with me. Her name was Meggie and she was from Quebec, so I got to practice my french a bit more. She was absolutely lovely and all you could ask for in a surfer: polite, kind, a really cool girl.

One of her goals was to taste Kangeroo, so here is the kangeroo we bought at the Victoria Markets, marinated in pepper sauce and cooked ever so quickly on the grill so as to not let it get tough. 

Along with salad from the garden and some roast potatoes, it was DELCIOUS!

Otherwise we also had a lovely fish dinner together that she made, with grilled veggies and avocado and pear! MMMmmm. It's nice to have another woman around the house. I'm overwhelmed by male energy at times with the 2 boys and me. We had some wine and girl talks and she'll be returning again in a couple of weeks.

Otherwise, I'm off to my second music festival. I was lucky enough to get a free ticket to the 5th Golden Plains festival which is next weekend. 
http://goldenplains.com.au/
I got a wicked free ticket for offering to be a volunteer, so I just have to do a bit of looking after people for a few hours and I'm free to enjoy the rest of the festival.

I've just bought a ticket to Tasmania, where I'll be doing some WWOOFing. I've met a lady from there, who is now a friend and is going to hook me UP to the WWOOFing community in Tassie, as she and so many others so lovingly call it. I'm really excited. I'm taking the ferry over on May 1. I'll miss my life in Melbourne for sure, I've really been making a home for myself here, but alas I'm out to see the world and that is what I'll do! I'll pass back though Melbs on my way to my next destination and say hello.

So that is what's up.
Mostly for my mum's sake I thought I'd do a bit of a post. But I love you all and I'll try tah keep up with myself ;)

1 comment: