Monday, March 7, 2011

The Greatest Adventure

Some of the neighbors gave us some veggies and these purple beans were some of the score. They're so beautiful. Once you cut into them they look just as green as any other bean!

I had heaps of parsley growing in the garden, so I decided to make a rainbow tabbouleh salad. Garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, zucchini, garlic chives, carrot, couscous...mmmmmm.


Then I was all fueled up to go on a sweet bike adventure!

So I set off towards the light at the end of the tunnel, where I knew happiness would await me...in the form of mad amounts of endorphins.


I traversed DANGEROUS cement obstacles!

And underpasses...lots of cement...


And fought off large creatures that leered at me as I passed by. I only just escaped!
The last creature consumed me! But I used my girl power karate moves to get him to barf me back up.
Only to end up at the end of the path with no where to go!

I found the place where there were more scary monsters! I guess this is where all that cement came from...

Upon the direction of a fellow pedestrian, I came across The Road That Leads to Nowhere... And decided I would take my chances.

I ended up crossing over some serious highways! Good thing I avoided that near death experience. I don't think my little blue bike could handle such speeds.

I finally came upon a bike path by chance that was lovely and calm and peaceful.

I came across a friendly palm tree that offered me some shade from the tumultuous journey I had just gone through. 

So I kicked off my sweaty shoes and socks.

And accepted her kind offer,

And ate a small picnic.


After my R & R session I headed for the beach nearby for a bit of a dip and a scour of what lie on the beach...

And I did find some interesting creatures that must have come from outerspace...
I now have a completely different concept for the term 'jelly bean'. I have no idea what this last picture is of.

All in all, I mad it home in once piece and my zucchini friend was waiting. 

I found this guy in my backyard yesterday. Not too such what I'll do with him yet, but perhaps make another meal that will be the start of my next ADVENTURE!

2 comments:

  1. I so love you my wonderful daughter. I can't believe I was part of your creation. You are an amazing person. I am so proud to be a part of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are we going to get a new post?

    ReplyDelete