Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Golden Plains Music Fest!

Hey Hey all my blog followers. I have recently attended my 2nd music festival and the 1st overnight one at that. Twas a lovely weekend with heaps of sun, music and fun. I'll do a little photo journal for yah.

 I was feeling a bit nervous about going by myself for two days and two nights, but as per usual, my mouth got the better of me and I made a 'festival family' on the shuttle from the city before I even arrived at the festival. They're all from Brisbane, so I'll have a place to stay when I head that way.


 Here's the home I had for the weekend. Set it all up myself, on loan from my housemate, but I'll sure have to get myself a 'traveling home' one day.

It was very cosy...and blueeee

















Mine was just one of many in a giant tent city. I could've stayed for longer....


Soon enough you're going to ask...Where are the toilets? Golden Plains, which is the name of the festival, is held on farmland near a small town called Meredith which is about 90 minutes outside the city of Melbourne. They try hard to keep the land as pristine as possible and minimize the impact of a large group of drunk and dirty hippies :)





Isn't shit lovely?

There were quite a few different food stalls to choose from, in case you forgot how to pack the correct food for camping, which I did. Always a learning experience. The Hare Krishna curries seem to be a staple everywhere I go in Australia.


Soon after arrival, it was time to set up for the festivities. Why didn't I think to shove a couch into my backpack???



They have a tradition at the festival that if you like the band, you take off one shoe and wave it in the air. These people perhaps had left their shoes at their tents? Or they're new like me :)

Some guys played some music. This is the Hold Steady, loved the name, but didn't get too into their music.


 Eventually the day had to come to an end...I guess. And that was when I stopped taking photos.

The next day was just as awesome and I also had to do my volunteer shift, as I got a free ticket in exchange for volunteering some of my time to make sure everyone was okay in all the different tent cities. My shift was Sunday night from 12am to 3am. I was paired with a girl named Rosemary and we had an awesome time handing out water and lollies to passerbys. They were all very greatful, we felt a bit like red cross workers in a lose sense of the term. Then this awesome girl came by and we had a little bit of a girl's night, chatting and laughing and dissing men. It was all very fun and healthy for us ;)

That was my festival. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Love.




No comments:

Post a Comment