Monday, February 7, 2011

The White Rabbit: Record Bar AND an aussie's favorite breakfast

I've finally brought my camera into my glorious work. I love it. It is cool. It is hip. It is delicious....


We have the bar where I'm learning to cook up many a concoction by the glamorous Rabia.
She wouldn't let me take her photo so you'll have to pretend.
And the front of the kitchen where I cook glorious concoctions and customers walk by and say hello to you through the window.


The courtyard where many a groups of people hang out.

Or there's inside tables.

That's ned during closing time, trapped in a chair barrier. Ned is so cool! I wish I were just like Ned.

There's my boss, Annie, pretending to play records at the record station for my photograph, but you'll often find her in this exact position.

And there are lots of interesting records. Apparently a former employee walked around with this one sticking out of his pants for a day :) 

So that is my job. I'm enjoying it a lot. All the people are fun to be around and the music is always bumping. And it's about an 8 minute walk from my front door. And it's so colourful...I love colourful things.


I hung out with Ned and Rabia the other day from work and spent the night at their house, the next day we went to a cafe called Le Chien. Which of course reminded me of Montreal and made me feel right at home. We went there with a mission:


THE PROMITE SPECIAL

And we got 3 and we ate them all..numnumnumnum. You may be asking what is promite. It is the sweeter and more liquidy version of marmite. I am now in love with marmite, we are destined to get married next week. I eat it on toast when I get home late at night, in the morning and at random times during the day. I may just go make myself a slice now. The key is butter first and just the slightest smudge of marmite. I recommend all to try it. I haven't had peanut butter in months, ...until yesterday when I was feeling nostalgic ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love your blog. Keep it up. I feel a book coming one

    ReplyDelete