Friday, January 10, 2014

Toronto to Montreal- train of thought

I arrived in Montreal after a week in Toronto last evening. I am currently at the apartment that I lived in 2007. The funniest thing happened just now when I was signing in to my email I typed my old password from that time without even thinking. It triggers certain memories to be here, while I create new ones as well. I was pleasant to sleep in a bed for a change, so much room. Travelling makes you appreciate the little things: a few home cooked vegetables, being warm, and sleep. Friends have been unexpectedly kind to me and other's unexpectedly unavailable. But I don't get caught up in one moment for too long and I breathe and try to let go of my expectations, allowing myself to appreciate what everyone is able to give. Each moment can become very important because it is the last for a while, perhaps forever, but a moment cannot be created or forced into an important message or package to make "your life better". It's to do a lot with presentation. My mother always told me that I should think about my presentation when I wanted something from my father. I never liked that she said this, it seemed like a game I didn't want to play. But I was afraid of my father at the time, so a positive and enthusiastic presentation was more difficult to inspire. I have had a few conversations with different women friends as of late and come to the realization that few of them have very comfortable relationships with their fathers. Is this the majority, or do we all hang out together because it unites us? Why would this be?

No comments:

Post a Comment