Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brining Olives

Olives are going wild all over my neighborhood, and little did I know they would turn purple and go soft when they ripened. But I saw an old italian looking man going for them at the park and I decided he probably knows what he's doing so I followed suit.

 Then of course, google told me exactly what to do with them next....
Container


Slice into their juicy little sides to allow the brine to seep in more effectively.

Brine is heaps of salt and water.

They look like they're taking a bath.

Now you have to shake them around once a day and change the brine once a week until they're not bitter anymore. I'm making a checklist to remind whoever takes responsibility.

Voila....edible olives

1 comment:

  1. Good show. I remember looking at the olive trees in Athens and wondering what to do.

    ReplyDelete